– seven gold records
– four reaching platinum
– one reaching double platinum
-cumulative sales in excess of 12 million records
– seven Grammy nominations, one win
Tour History Spanning 25 Years:
– from Little 5 Points Pub to multiple nights at Chastain Park in Atlanta
– Knitting Factory to Central Park to Madison Square Garden in New York City
– Slims to Shoreline Ampitheatre in San Francisco
– Borderline to Royal Albert Hall in London
– Boulder Theatre to Red Rocks in Denver
– Double Door to Ravinia in Chicago
– Austin City Limits, Newport Folk Festival, New Orleans Jazz Fest, Bumbershoot, Glastonbury Festival, Bridge School Benefits with Neil YoungTwenty years after they began releasing records as the Indigo Girls, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers have politely declined the opportunity to slow down with age. With a legacy of releases and countless U.S. and international tours behind them, the Indigo Girls have forged their own way in the music business. Selling over 14 million records, they are still going strong.Amy & Emily are the only duo with top 40 titles on the Billboard 200 in the ’80s, ’90s, ’00s and ’10s.“Along with Simon & Garfunkel and The Everly Brothers, Amy Ray and Emily Saliers rank at the very top of all-time great duos. The sublime music-making-machine-skewering “Making Promises” is one of their finest rockers.” – The Boston Herald
After signing to Epic Records in 1988, the Indigo Girls released their critically acclaimed eponymous album to thunderous praise; it remained on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart for 35 weeks, earned double platinum status, received a Grammy nomination for “Best New Artist” and won “Best Contemporary Folk Recording.” They were overnight folk icons who continued to live up to the high standards they’d set for themselves: they’ve since released 14 albums (3 platinum and 3 gold), received six Grammy nominations and have won one. Indigo Girls have toured with innumerable star acts including Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, Joan Baez, R.E.M., Sarah MacLachlan, Natalie Merchant, Jewel and Mary Chapin Carpenter.
In 2015, Indigo Girls released their 14th studio album, One Lost Day, produced by Jordan Brooke Hamlin and mixed by Brian Joseph.
Artist Website :: Facebook Page :: Instagram